13 SHS students are inducted into Sponsor a Scholar Program
Posted on 12/01/2016
Thirteen Schenectady High School students from the Class of 2019 were inducted into the Sponsor-A-Scholar Program on Wednesday evening.
Sponsor-A-Scholar selects students and provides each with academic, mentoring and financial support beginning in 10th grade through college graduation.
The program provides students with support, connections, mentoring and many tools for success including:
- individualized academic guidance and college counseling;
- funding for Advanced Placement courses and materials;
- PSAT/SAT preparation and test fees;
- weekly homework sessions and tutoring for Scholars in high school;
- the long-term commitment of an adult volunteer mentor;
- assistance with financial aid applications, college essays and scholarship research;
- connections to potential internships and enrichment programs;
- opportunities to visit colleges and explore career pathways.
You can learn more about the program by visiting the Capital Region Sponsor a Scholar website.