Reality or Myth?
An Internet-Based Treasure Hunt about Fact and Fiction
Click Here to print an answer sheet
Your mission is to use the following web resources to complete the twelve (12) questions. Some of the questions below will ask you to decide is the information you are reading is real or a myth. When you are finished with the questions, answer the Big Question at the bottom, and complete the activity.
1. What is the definition of a fact?
2. What is a synonym for the word fact?
3. Describe the word fiction.
4. What is a synonym for the word fiction?
5. What are three historical questions Americans have had related to George Washington?
6. Are these questions myths or the truth in history?
7. Do the hands on the Lincoln Memorial spell out a message?
8. What are three amazing coincidences between the assassinations of Abraham Lincoln and John F. Kennedy?
9. Whose approval ratings were higher when in office - Former President Reagan or Clinton?
10. History shows American Presidents have the power to violate the law, especially in times of war - fact or fiction?
11. Did George W. Bush ever serve in the United States military?
12. What does a myth reveal about those who believe it?
Why do you think it is important to be able to understand the difference between fact and fiction?